Dissertation Hand In

Yesterday saw the hand in of my dissertation on “Developing a Lightweight Game Engine in C++”, I can honestly say there is so much more I could have included in the paper, but sadly between time constrictions and the somewhat limited length of the paper I could not. But there it is it’s done, complete with a prototype game engine built in c++.

Dissertation

Everything seemed to go wrong yesterday so it was somewhat hectic, The problems began from the moment I woke up, My computer (Where some of my work was temporarily being stored) had decided not to let me log in (The user account had become corrupt for some unknown reason) after an hour of technical malarkey I was able to obtain the work from my hard-drive.

In order to get into university I rely on public transport which is somewhat lacking, I first must get either a train or bus to oxford then from there get a coach to high wycombe, by public transport this usually takes about 3 hours to get from my house to university. Living in a village the public transport is somewhat lacking, after having missed the train (the only train of the day) that morning I had to seek alternative means of travel. A close friend, understanding the importance of me getting into university offered me a lift.

After having got to university one of the first things I did was to go pick up my final bound dissertation from staples, which went smoothly but set me back by around £100.

There were a few other things that needed to be done before I could submit the work, one of those was to copy a cut down version of the engine to a USB to be handed in along with the dissertation, this is were some of the problems began, during the transfer process the laptop decided to crash which very much slowed it down with the deadline creeping up this really slowed down the process, In the end due to my issues with my laptop I transferred to one of the university computers. The process should have took 5 mins but in the end took 45ish mins.

Now the final problem that occurred during this day, the whole final project had 4 expected deliverable s,  2 bound copys of the report, media containing the software that has been developed and an electronic online submission. The problem came with the electronic submission, I was submitting the electronic copy around about the same time that my laptop decided to crash, I had gone through the submission process uploaded the file, only to come back later that day and realize that it had been neglected slightly because of the problems that were occurring at the time, I opened my laptop only to find that the turnitin system that handles the online submission had timed out and as such the electronic copy had not been submitted, after the realization the document was submitted straight away, hopefully this issue will resolve itself but did somewhat a final blow for the day knowing not all the submission requirements had been met. This was the part of the submission that I though would be least problematic but in the end it ended up being the most.

Anyway that’s all for now, Once this course is over I’ll be able to get down to some programming, maybe update the website, upload some stuff it’ll be fun.

Good Day!.

comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

WP-SpamFree by Pole Position Marketing